INTER DPS- EVENTS 2009-2010
1. Participated in Inter DPS National Table Tennis Tournament (under 14-boys) hosted by DPS, Greater Noida from 24 July to 26 July 2009.
LITERARY AND CULTURAL COMPETITIONS
1. Participated in ‘Folks Fun’ – Inter DPS Folk Dance Competition for South and Central Zone hosted by DPS Secunderabad at MCME Auditorium on Sunday, 26 July 2009.
2. A. Anugna secured 443rd rank in the second level of DPS Science and Mathematics Talent Examination.
INTER-SCHOOL LITERARY /CULTURAL COMPETITIONS - 2009-2010
1. Students of Classes IX & X secured III Position in Inter School Science Quiz Competition organized by Dr. G.V.K. Rao Science Quiz Society in September 2009.
2. Ram Lohith Chavali competed at the International Level and won Bronze Medal in the Mathematics Online Competition conducted on the occasion of World Math Day.
3. Students of Classes IX & X won the First prize in the Inter School TIMES NIE FEST in the NUKKAD NATAK category. The Nukkad Natak with a special message on prevention of Swine Flu was well appreciated by the judges of the competition.
INTER DPS COMPETITIONS (2010 - 2011)
1. Atri Mukherjee (Class X) won the 1st position at the zonal level of Inter-DPS On-the-Spot Painting Competition for the category II (Classes X & XII) for South & Central Zone, held at DPS Bangalore North on 3rd July, 2010.
2. Aishwarya Murthy, Jay Jaiswal & Kruthika Subramaniam of Class X won the 2nd position at the zonal level of Inter-DPS English Debate Competition held at Delhi Public School, Secunderabad on 10 July 2010. As Runners up they also participated at the National Level Inter-DPS debate competition held at Navi Mumbai.
3. Amber Khanna, C. Raghuvamshi & P. Anchita of Class VIII won the 2nd position at the zonal level of Inter-DPS ‘What’s the Good Word’ Competition held at DPS, Hyderabad on 03 July 2010. As Runners up they also participated at the National Level hosted by DPS R.K. Puram on 10 September 2010.
4. Atri Mukherjee, Akshat Palnitkar of Class X, and Raghav Holani, Vikhyat Jhawar of Class IX won the consolation prize in the Digital Photo Collage Competition held during the Environmental Festival hosted by DPS Mathura Road under the aegis of DPS Society on 27 November 2010.
5. A Research article on ‘Agnihotra’ was submitted during the Inter DPS Environmental Festival based on the theme ‘Sustainable Consumerism leads to sustainable lifestyle’ hosted by DPS Mathura Road under the aegis of DPS Society.
6. Students of Classes IX & X also participated in Indian Semi-Classical Vocal Music Competition hosted by DPS-Bhilai on 13 August 2010.
7. Students of Classes IX & X participated in “Samanvay’ Inter DPS Fusion Dance Festival held at MCME Auditorium hosted by DPS Nacharam on 01 November 2010.
8. The students secured the following ranks in the DPS Science and Math Talent Examination for students of Class IX:-
Sourabh Dash – 104
Vibhu Vanjari – 229
Remani Vallabh E.V.K. – 263
Sai Suraj D. – 349
INTER-SCHOOL LITERARY/CULTURAL COMPETITIONS (2010-2011)
I. Glendale Literary Fest conducted (18 August 2010)
1. Akhshara Parashar (Class VIII) won 1st prize in the Essay writing Competition (Juniors Category).
2. Soham Mukherjee (Class V) won 2nd prize in the Elocution Competition in the (Juniors Category).
II. Oakridge International School’s Treasure Fest (27 to 28 August 2010)
1. Kruthika Subramaniam & Jay Jaiswal of Class X won 2nd Prize in Extempore.
2. Sadhana Ponnaluri (VII), O. Greeshma Shivali (VIII) & Avanthika P. (IX) won 2nd position in Spell Bound (Category B).
3. Aahan Jain (IV), Prabhath Lakshmi Narayana (V) & Sagarika Nath (VI) won 1st prize for Spell Bound (Category A).
4. Raghav Holani, Saurabh Dash, Sohan Reddy of Class IX, Raghuvamshi Reddy, V. V. Aravind, Urvashi & Akshaya Gopal of Class VIII won the 1st prize for Mad Ads.
5. Namita B., N. Sridevi, S. Siddharth, & K. Viswajith of Class VIII, Asawari M, Likitha G., Spandana K., Parth V., Apoorva Singh, & Mariam Varkey of Class VII won the 3rd prize for Rural Musings (Art).
6. Tanisha, Bhavya of Class V, Sakshi, Aashrita, Anshika, Akshara, Priyanka, Deepthi, Sampada, & Akshita of Class VI won 2nd prize for Twist ‘n’ Josh (Dance)
7. Niveditha K., Manjiri Kulkarni, R. L. Keertana, Nishtha Jain, Prerna J., Mounica P., Meghana of Class IX won 1st prize for Harmony of Expression (Dance).
III. Telugu Bhasha Utsavalu (Telugu Language Celebration) conducted by DPS, Vijayawada (04 & 05 September 2010)
1. G. Nihanth (IX) & A. Anjali (VI) won 1st prize in the Padya Pathana (Poetry Recitation) in senior & junior categories respectively.
2. N.B.S.N. Pranavi (IX) & Ruthvik Phani Kumar (VI) won 3rd prize in the Padya Pathana (Poetry Recitation) in senior & junior categories respectively.
3. P. Srujana Sree (IX) won 1st prize in Vyasa Rachana (Essay Writing) in senior category.
4. Y. Aditya (VI) won 2nd prize in Vyasa Rachana (Essay Writing) in junior category.
5. P. Rishya Reddy & Chaitanya Nandigama of Class IX won 2nd and 3rd prizes respectively in Vaktrutva Poti (Elocution).
IV. Hindi Diwas – ‘Anubhuti’ (Inter-School Hindi literary competition) conducted by DPS, Secunderabad on 09 September 2010
Delhi Public School, Secunderabad won the following prizes:-
1. 1st prize for Vigyapan Prastutikaran (Advertisement)
(a) Dakshta Shukla (VII)
(b) Keshav Gulani (VII)
(c) Rishika Raithatha (VII)
(d) Sanjana Krishnan (VII)
(e) Anshika (VI)
2nd prize for Nukkad Natak (Street Play)
(a) Aditya Nambiar (IX)
(b) Prabhajeet Singh (IX)
(c) Rohan Tandon (IX)
(d) Shardul Singh (IX)
(e) Vikhyat Jhawar (IX)
(f) Avantika Sharma (IX)
(g) Bhavana Kumbha (IX)
(h) Yashwanth Varma (IX)
(i) Ankur Agarwal (IX)
(j) Akshaya Gopal (VIII)
Tulasi Kulkarni (III) won the 2nd prize for Kavita Paath (Poetry Recitation).
V. Rhapsody : Inter School Literary & Cultural Fest (14 to 17 September 2010) at DPS, Hyderabad
1. Abhigyan Mohanty (I) won 1st prize for Sonata (Drawing).
2. Ami Masurkar (I) won 2nd prize for Echoes (Recitation).
3. Nishtha Singh (I) won 1st prize for Reflection (Elocution).
4. Rakshith Dasari, Sameer Ponnaluri, Ananya R. of Class III won 1st prize for Enigma (Quiz).
5. Mehak Sehgal (III) won 1st prize for Reflection (Elocution).
6. Sanya Choudhary, Anushika S. Varin Bhatia, Aryansh Bhargavan, Daivik S. Parekh, I. Manupriya, N. Kumara Bhargavi, Abhinavi V., Saman A. Kandagal, Y. Venkateswara Rao, M. Sukruta & Akanksha Jain of Class III won the 3rd prize for Symphony (Group Song).
7. Chirag Deep Mandal (IV) won 1st prize for Innovation (Origami).
8. Nitya Srikanth, Adam D’ Souza, Parul Agarwal, Rishil Gupta, Manav Agarwal, Hans Holani, Hanivant Holani, P. Jayaditya, D. Venkata Apoorva, Anjali Singhi, Hibah Ahmed & Tushti Kumar of Class IV won 2nd prize in Footloose (Western Dance).
9. Jahnavi S. K., Namrata Krishnaswamy, Sahana Umesh, Devina Koka, Sparsha R., Haripriya Vedala, Ishani Bhaskara, Eikya L., Prakruti G., Eesha K., Khushi Varma, Haridas Aisshwarya of Class IV won 2nd prize for Symphony (Group Song).
VI. K. V. Rao Annual Science Quiz held on 23 October 2010
Vikhyat Jhawar, Saurabh Dash, Raghav Holani, & Hemant Varma of Class IX won the 3rd prize at the Science Quiz Competition.
VII. Science Exhibition conducted at St. Patricks High School, Secunderabad on 30 October 2010
A. Sai Aditya & Remani Vallabh E. V. K. of Class IX won 1st prize for the exhibit presented on the theme - Environment & Pollution.
VIII. 8th Junior Leadership Contest conducted by Orchids, the International School of 20 November 2010
Raghav Holani, Monica Gupta, Vikhyat Jhawar, Nivedita, Sai Aditya of Class IX, Akshara Parashar (VIII) won the 2nd prize in the contest.
IX. Peace Poster Making Contest : Vision of Peace conducted by Lions Club, Secunderabad, 31 October 2010
Karishma Rashid Kanga of Class VIII C secured Seventh position at the city level.
X. MATHEMATICS ON – LINE COMPETITION CONDUTED ON WORLD MATH DAY
Anil Panda won Gold Medal by obtaining 29th Rank in the Mathematics On-line competition conducted on the World Math Day.
XI. INTER-SCHOOL QUIZ COMPETITIONS
1. Students of Class VII participated in Quiz Extravaganza organized by Oakridge International School – Khajaguda with Quiz Master Mr. Barry O’Brien held on 7 August 2010.
2. Students of Classes VII and VIII participated in Young World Quiz 2010 held on 23 October 2010.
3. Students of Class IV participated in Rendezvous – Master Mind Quiz organized by DPS- Nacharam on 12 November 2010.
4. Students of Class VIII participated in KAHO what’s your IDEA! Quiz contest organized by St. Mary’s School – Secunderabad held on 1 December 2010.
5. Students of Classes VII and VIII participated in Inter-School Quiz Competition organized by St. Patrick’s High School.
INTER-DPS COMPETITIONS- ACHIEVEMENTS (2011-2012)
1. Students of Classes IX & X participated in the Inter DPS Indian Vocal Music Festival 2O11 hosted by DPS Bhilai on 09 April 2011.
2. Students of Class X participated in the Inter DPS English Debate Competition hosted by DPS, Nacharam on 16 April 2011 and won the second postion and qualified for the Finals.
3. Students of Classes IX & X participated in Annual All India Inter DPS Quiz Competition based on Games and Sports hosted by DPS Indore held on 16 July 2011.
4. Participated in Annual Inter DPS Art Exhibition hosted by DPS Noida held on 16 July 2011.
5. Won Best Team, Best Group and Best Solo trophies in the Inter DPS Western Vocal Music Festival 2O11 hosted by DPS Secunderabad, Sainikpuri on 20 August 2011.
6. Students from Classes VI, VII, VIII & IX participated in the Inter DPS Folk Dance Competition hosted by DPS Vijayawada held on 28 August 2011.
7. Students of Class VIII participated in DeCryptonite- Inter-DPS School Online Event hosted by DPS R.K. Puram between 5 July, 2011 and 31 July, 2011. Students secured Third Position with 24.4 as the overall score and won the Third Best Participating School Trophy.
8. Students of Class IX and X participated in the Inter DPS Science and Technology Festival organized by DPS Faridabad.
9. DPS, Secunderabad has participated in the Annual Inter DPS Social Science Festival -2011 in November 2011 and won the First Prize in the category of "Book of Ideas – Conserving our tribal heritage". We presented a write-up on the "Rabari Tribe of the Kutch and Saurashtra regions of Gujarat". The write-up was presented by Avantika Sharma, Mahek Gupta, Unnati Achanta, & Manjiri Kulkarni of Class X.
INTER SCHOOL LITERARY/CULTURAL ACTIVITIES (2011- 12)
I. Students of Class VIII participated in the 3rd Monsoon Ragatta Quiz organized by Yacht Club on 08 July 2011 and won the Third Prize. The students are as follows:-
1. Vineetha Reddy
2. Nithin Kumar
3. Shyam Madan
4. Sai Harsha
5. Keshav Holani
6. Sanjanaa Subramanian
7. Sadhana Ponnaluri
8. Adarsh Attavar
II. Students of Class VIII participated in the TCS Quiz Competition organized at Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, Hyderabad on 29 July 2011.
III. Treasure Fest at Oakridge International School:- Students of Classes IV to VIII participated in various competitions organized by Oakridge International School on 26 & 27 August 2011 such as Spell Bound, Poetry Recitation, Spin a Yarn, Elocution, Folk Dance, Western Dance & Mad Ads competitions.
A. Students of Class VIII won the 1st Prize for Mad Ads competition. The team comprises:-
1. Parvani Ghosh
2. Keshav Holani
3. Dakshata shukla
4. Aman Singh
5. Adarsh C.
6. Nischhal sharma
7. Apoorva Singh
B. Students of Class VII won the 3rd Prize for the Western Dance competition. The team comprises:-
01. Rajshri Ragi
02. Sakshi N. Pathare
03. Shayank Bhattacharya
04. V. Shreya
05. A. Priyanka
06. R.V.S.S. Aparna
07. V. Priyanka
08. Amrita Nuli
09. Rasagnya Gurung
10. Apoorva Singh
11. Rishika N. Raithata
12. Sriya Chavali
13. Aniketh Srivastva
14. Aman Singh
IV. Students of Class X participated in the K-Circle School Quiz organized by Hyderabad Public School on 03 September 2011.
V. ‘A Lingua Extravaganza’ – an Exclusive & Creativity based Inter School Literary Competition organized by Jain Heritage – a Cambridge School held on 30 January 2012.
Students of Delhi Public School, Secunderabad won the First Prize in all the three categories of Education Sector – 2020, Entrepreneurship – 2020 & News paper Design. The names of the winners:-
1. Sanjana Subramanyam (VIII) – Education Sector - 2020
2. Sadhana Ponnuluri (VIII) – Education Sector - 2020
1. Rasagnya Gurung (VIII) – Entrepreneurship – 2020
2. Vineetha Reddy (VIII) – Entrepreneurship – 2020
1. Vibha Hegde (VII) – News paper Design
2. Nikita Gupta (VII) – News paper Design
3. Shayank Bhattacharya (VII) – News paper Design
4. Samhitha Damodharan (VII) – News paper Design
Inter DPS Competitions (2012 - 2013)
Inter DPS English Debate 2012
Delhi Public School, Secunderabad, won the Runners-up trophy at the ‘Inter-DPS English Debate 2012’ hosted by Delhi Public School, Indore on Friday, 13 July 2012 and qualified to represent Zone – 5 at the National Finals being hosted by Delhi Public School, Panipat City on Friday, 02 November 2012.
Participants :- Akshaya Gopal – X & N. Vineetha Reddy – IX
Inter DPS Quiz 2012
Delhi Public School, Secunderabad, hosted the ‘Inter-DPS Quiz Competition’ on Saturday, 14 July 2012 under the aegis of DPS Society, based on the theme ‘Incredible India: A Journey of Discovery’. DPS, Secunderabad won the zonal level competition and will represent Zone – 5 at the National Finals being hosted by Delhi Public School, Vidyutnagar, Dadri on Friday, 05 October 2012.
DPS, Secunderabad :- Soham Mukherjee – VII & Jayaditya – VI
Inter School Competitions (2012 - 2013)
I. ‘Inter-School Short-Film Contest’:-
The students of DPS, Secunderabad participated and won the ‘Inter-School Short-Film Contest’ conducted on Wednesday, 01 August, 2012 by the Times of India – NIE during Times NIE Film Fest. Students from 40 schools participated in this contest, out of which top 10 short films were selected by a panel of judges. The top 10 short films were screened during the Times NIE Film Fest and students from different schools voted for their favourite film.
The theme ‘Friendship with Nature’ was chosen by the nine students who won the First Prize in the Short Film Contest. This film was awarded the ‘Best Film’.
1. Akhil Anand Samudrala
2. Mudda Sai Aditya
3. Mayank Pottapalli
4. Salla Rahul Reddy
5. D. Siddarth
6. V. Arvind
7. Nitya Reddy
8. Kedar Reddy
9. Sai Santosh
The team of three students was awarded the ‘Best Viewer’s Choice Movie’ and the theme was ‘Mother - My Best Friend’.
1. Tanishq Raj
2. Syed Irfan
3. Nathan V
II. Glendale Literary Fest ‘Mindspace - 2012-13’:-
DPS, Secunderabad participated and won many prizes in the ‘Glendale Literary Fest – Mindspace’, an Inter-School Competition conducted by Glendale Academy on Wednesday, 08 August, 2012.
Nathan Rohan of Class V secured the second position and Akshara Parashara of Class X secured the third position in ‘Inflections’, the Elocution Competition.
V. V. Arvind of Class X was awarded the first prize in ‘Papyrus’ an Essay Writing Competition.
III. 'Tic Tac Toe' at Delhi Public School, Nacharam:-
The Pre-Primary students of DPS, Secunderabad won three Third Prizes in the Inter School Competition 'Tic Tac Toe' organised by DPS, Nacharam on Wednesday, 22 August 2012. 08 students from DPS, Secunderabad participated in the competition.
Name of the event
Aditi Shukla [Prep] Getting Ready for School
Ananya Kuchhal [Nursery] Ready for Dinner
M. Abhiraj [Nursery] Colouring
IV. The Junior Leadership Contest at Orchids International School, Hyderabad on 09 November 2012
Our students secured the First position in the group event. Group members were:
Dakshata Shukla (Class IX)
Simran Parekh (Class IX)
Vineetha Reddy (Class IX)
Keshav Holani (Class IX)
Ammar M. (Class VIII)
Hrithik Grover (Class VIII)
Vineetha Reddy of Class IX secured Second place in an individual category in the Leadership Contest.
V. Inter-School Extravaganza - SPHINX 2012 at Chirec Public School on 15 November 2012:
R. Ananya (Class V) won the First Prize in the English Story Telling and Sahil Jain (Class V) won the First Prize in the Clay Modelling category.
VI. Geeta Chanting Competition organised by Chinmaya Mission, Secunderabad on Chapter XII - Bhakti Yoga:
Three students won prizes at the District Level:
1. Archita Varma IX - Second
2. Soham Mukherjee VII - Third
3. Asawari Joshi IX - Consolation
The following students won in Level I and represented DPS, Secunderabad in the District Level Competition:
01. Soham Mukherjee VII - First
02. N. Vineetha Reddy IX - First
03. Sayam Sethi VI - Second
04. Archith Varma IX - Second
05. Tulsi Kulkarni V - Third
06. Prateek Upadhyay V - Third
07. M. Lakshmi Vibha V - Third
08. Kalepu Grishma VII - Third
09. Asawari M. Joshi IX - Third
10. Komal Gulani IX - Fourth
11. Neha Kansara IX - Fifth
VII. Movie Making Competition - 'FILMIT INDIA' organised by the Indian National Trust of Art & Cultural Heritage (INTACH):
The students of Classes VI & VII bagged two prizes:-
(a) Best Film Award for the movie 'My Mother'.
(b) Best Camera Work for the movie 'Save Water'.
The team comprised following students:
P. Jayaditya - VI
Sara Ahmed - VII
Namdev Tanishq Dhanraj - VII
Nathan Verghese - VII
Syed Irfan Hanshmi - VII
I. Glendale Literary Fest – ‘Mindspace’ – 2013
Soham Mukherjee of Class VIII participated in the Glendale Literary Fest – ‘Mindspace’ on Wednesday, 17 July 2013. His essay on the topic, ‘I want more leisure time for nothing’ had won acclaim and he won the First Prize in the Junior Category.
II. Inter-School MaRRS Spelling Bee Competition-2012-13
57 students from DPS, Secunderabad qualified for the Inter-School Oral and State-level written rounds of MaRRS International Spelling Bee Competition, conducted at G. Pulla Reddy Memorial School.
Approximately 200 students from different schools have qualified for the next round, out of which 57 are from DPS, Secunderabad.
III. Junior OAKMUN organized by Oakridge International School
The Model United National (MUN) is an academic simulation of the UN which aims to educate students about current affairs, topics in international relations and diplomacy. Student delegates take on roles of international diplomats and ambassadors. It gives an opportunity to students to broaden their outlook holistically, develop their skills and grow into successful leaders of the future.
Twelve students of Class VIII of Delhi Public School, Secunderabad attended the Junior OAKMUN organized by Oakridge International School on 03 and 04 August 2013. The students were allocated various committees and represented the countries of Italy and South Korea.
Shubham Pansari was adjudged the ‘Outstanding Delegate’ of the Conference and Soham Mukherjee bagged the award for ‘The Best Position Paper’.
IV. INCA, Indian National Cartographic Association National Map Quiz
INCA, Indian National Cartographic Association National Map Quiz is an academic and map based quiz competition. The event is organized by INCA and has always been supported by the Survey of India, National Remote Sensing Agency, Osmania University and Geo-Map Society.
The students of Class VIII participated in the preliminary round which was conducted in school out of which seven teams qualified for the Branch-finals. The final round for the branch-finals was conducted on 03 August 2013 at Survey of India and our school secured the First Position among 6000 and above participants.
The winners are as follows:
- Umang Mathur
- Syed Irfan Hashmi
- Teja Vanjari
V. Inter-School Level Championship conducted by MaRRS Intellectual Services Pvt. Ltd.
Urja Choraria of Class IV secured First Rank in the Inter-School Level Championship - Category III, conducted by MaRRS Intellectual Services Pvt. Ltd in the month of August 2013 at Hyderabad.
VI. Inter-School Group Dance Competition – INDUTSAV 2013
Our students secured two prizes in an Inter-School Group Dance Competition – INDUTSAV 2013 which was organised by Indus World School, Yapral, Sainikpuri, on Friday, 30 August 2013.
Our senior team of Classes VII and VIII won the First Prize in Fusion Dance and the junior team of Class V bagged the Third Prize in Folk Dance.
List of participants in ‘Fusion dance’ are:
Manvi Agarwal VII Aahan Jain VII
Jhanvi S. K. VII Sahana Umesh VII
Samay Agarwal VII Sheetal K. Devendra VIII
Adam D’souza VII P. Bhavya Revati VIII
Meghna Venkatesh VII Suswara Mullapudi VIII
R. Sparsha Reddy VII Shagun Dhanania VIII
List of Class V students who participated in ‘Folk dance’
Vamika M. Lasya Priya
A. Mnaswini K. Supraja Sri Lasya
Jayanth P. V. Supriya
K. Pranati M. Madhura Joshi
M. Yukthi P. Suhas
Anagha Verma Varshita Varma
VII. All India Camlin Colour Contest:-
DPS, Secunderabad has bagged the First, Second & Third Prizes in 'Group C' (Classes VI to VIII) and 'Group D' (Classes IX & X) of the All India Camlin Colour Contest conducted by Camlin India Ltd. in the month of August 2013
Group C (VI - VIII):-
Gehna Gautam (Class VI) - 1st Prize
A. Anirudh (Class VII) - 2nd Prize
Harsh Agarwal (Class VII) - 3rd Prize
Group D (IX & X):-
Yelkur Dheeraj (Class IX) - 1st Prize
Rishika N. R. (Class X) - 2nd Prize
Ammar M. V. (Class IX) - 3rd Prize
VIII. Euphoria 2013 - An Inter School Literary, Cultural & Sports Fest 2013:- We won the following prizes in the Inter School Literary, Cultural & Sports Fest, Euphoria 2013 organised by Delhi Public School, Hyderabad on 30 & 31 October 2013 -
*Overall Second Position for the number of trophies won.
A. Poster Making - First Position - Yelkur Dheeraj (Class IX)
B. Panel Discussion - Second Position
Team (Class X)
C. Western Dance - Second Position
Alugaddla Priyanka -IX Agrima Asthana -X
Megha Menon -IX N. Tanusha -X
Sakshi N. Pathare -IX Komal Gulani -X
R.V. S.S. Aparna -IX S. S. Sameeksha -X
Amritha S. Vanjani -IX Rishika N. Raithatha -X
Sanketh Gemawat -IX
Sathvick Karnwal -IX
D. Fusion Dance - Second Position
Team (Class IX):-
M. Rachana Saurav Anant V.
Sakshi Reddy V. Tanvi Reddy
C. Deepthi Reddy T. Meghana
Nalla Rakshita Aashrritha Bejju
G. Manaswi C. Nanditha S.
K. Sai Surya Teja R. A. Vishnuvardhan
E. Mad Ads - Second Position
Team (Class X)
F. Face Painting - Third Position
Amrutha Nulli - X
G. Devotional Song (Group) - Third Position
Rithika Gopalakrishnan - IX Samhita Damodharan - IX
Kabir Rohit - IX R. Prithvi - IX
Maanav Sai Bhushan T. - IX Ayushi Bansal - IX
Shreya Sundaraman - IX R. Sri Sindhu - IX
Preeti Ravindra Goyal - X Kilambi Deepthi - X
Spandana Kumbha - X Mandeep Singh Dodhi - X
IX. Inter School Heritage Fair organised by Delhi School of Excellence on 08 November 2013:- List of prizes won by DPS, Secunderabad are as follows:-
A. Nukkad Se [Nukkad Natak] - First Position
1. Japneet Singh
2. Jayaditya Potluri
3. Raahil Gupta
4. Sai Namrata Krishnaswamy
5. Shagun Dhanania
6. Tanisha Varma
7. Aanchal Gupta
8. Syed Irfan Hashmi
B. Chehre pe Chehra [Mask Making] - First Position
Tulsi Kulkarni - VI
C. Aakriti [Poster Making] - Third Position
Siddharth Choudhary - VIII
D. Prashna Manch [Quiz] - Third Position
Soham Mukherjee - VIII
Umang Mathur - VIII
X. Inter School Junior Leadership Contest organised at Orchids, The International School on 08 November 2013:-
A. Our school team comprising the following students won the First Prize as a lead team in Group category:
1. Janhavi Shindikar - VIII
2. P. V. S. Nishith - VIII
3. Shreya Sundara Raman
4. Ammar Mohammed V.
5. Hritik Grover
6. Vibha Hegde
B. Individual Category:
1. Hritik Grover - IX - First Position
2. Vibha Hegde - IX - Third Position
XI. Road Safety Quiz conducted by Cyberabad Traffic Police:-16 students of Class I, II and III participated and won a First Prize in a Quiz Competition organised by Cyberabad Traffic Police at Cyberabad Commissionerate, Gachibowli on 07 January 2014 on the topic 'Road Safety'. One of the student from Class II also won a 'Champion Trophy' in the same event.
XII. Results of ‘Graded Examinations in Spoken English’ conducted by Trinity college of London in February 2014
Vinayak Sai Veer Poddutoori
Grade 4 - A2.2 of the CEFR with Merit
Shetty Tridev Sagar
Grade 4 – A2.2 of the CEFR with Merit
Grade 4 – A2.2 of the CEFR with Distinction 3650 +National 990
Grade 5 – B1.1 of the CEFR with Distinction
Grade 5 – B1.1 of the CEFR with Distinction
Grade 5 – B1.1 of the CEFR with Distinction 3650 +National 990
I. Results of ‘all for kids National Examination 2014’
Darin Jeff Allen
II. GE STAR Awards: A GE Foundation Program
Anshuman Agrawal of Class IX has received a 2014 GE STAR Award in the 2-Year School Category sponsored by the GE Foundation and administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE).
III. ‘MaRRS International Spelling Bee – National Championship’
(A) Sayam Sethi of Class VIII has been recognized as the ‘Budding Star’ at the National Championship of the MaRRS International Spelling Bee in Category IV. He has been awarded a scholarship of INR3,000.
He has also been selected to represent the school at the International Championship of the Competition to be held at Bangalore on 06 July 2014.
(B) The following students have qualified for the International Level of the MaRRS International Spelling Bee in Categories III & IV.
Ananthaneni Hanvitha Sai (Class V) III
Urja Choraria (Class V) III
Charvi Baid (Class VI) III
Prerna Mahapatra (Class VI) III
Pavithra Maremreddy (Class VII) IV
Sayam Sethi (Class VIII) IV
Poorvi Baheti (VII) IV
IV. ‘MUN at Delhi Public School, Hyderabad from 20 to 22 June 2014:-
1. Kabir Khanna
2. Sagarika Nath
3. Sahithi Talacheru
4. Shayank Bhattacharya
5. Upaasna Parankusam
6. Kausalya Varma
7. Apoorva Bardia
8. Gaurav Nuti
1. Soham Mukherjee
2. Shubham Pansari
Sagarika Nath of Class X was selected as the Best Reporter
Apoorva Bardia was given Honourable Mention for Best Delegate
V. ‘MaRRS International Spelling Bee' – International Level held at Mount Carmel College, Bangalore on 06 July 2014
Sayam Sethi, the Budding Star has been awarded a scholarship of 111 USD at MaRRS International Speeling Bee 2012-13 in Category IV.
VI. ‘MaRRS International Spelling Bee International Championship’
Prerana Mahapatra of Class VI has secured the II Rank (2nd Prize) in the International Championship of the MaRRS International Spelling Bee in Category III held on 06 July 2014 at Mount Carmel College, Bangalore, Karnataka. She has been awarded a cash prize of $2222.
VII. ‘Indutsav 2014’– Inter School Competitions organized by Indus Universal School on 01 & 02 August 2014
Group & Solo Singing
01. First Prize – Solo Singing – Category A – Diptorshi Tripathi (Class V)
02. Second Prize – Group Song – Category A – Class V
Madhumita Gopinath, K Surya Praneeth, Rhea Chris, Vaishnavi, Vrinda Noone, Tejaswini D V, Diptorshi Tripathi, Kamakshi Kiran T D, Ashritha K, Aayaan Lakhani, P Lalith Mayank & Roshni Faizal Bhimani
03. First Prize – Group Song – Category B – Class VIII
P. Tanmayee, Kushi Verma, Haripriya Vedala, M Sneha Madhav, Ch. Suryateja, B Pratham Choudhary, Nikitha N Lalwani, Aishani Bhaskara, Sneha Vaidyanathan, Jhanvi S. K., Sahana Umesh & Anuraag Gattu
04. Second Prize – Fusion Dance – Category B – Class VIII
Devina Koka, P. Trisha Reddy, Sai Namrata Krishnaswamy, Manvi Agarwal, MeghnaVenkatesh, Nitya Srikanth, Haridas Aishwarya, Bhavya Chaturvedi, Sakshi Nair, Aahan Jain & Hans Holani
05. Third Prize – Folk Dance – Category A – Class V
K Sudiksha, Peri Anjali, Ayushi Ladda, Saloni Gemawat, Ami Masurkar, Anshi Agarwal, Srija Madhav, Diya Maniyar, Aditi Varma, Ruchitha Mohan, Faiz Ahmed & P. B. Hari Eswar
06. Second Prize – Poster Making – Category A – Vrinda N (V)
07. Second Prize – Poster Making – Category B – Anirudh (VIII)
08. Second Prize – Face Painting – Category B – Kushan Raj (VIII)
09. Third Prize – Face Painting – Category C – Sanjana Nuti (X)
10. First Prize – Pot Decoration – Category A – V Alekhya (V)
11. Second Position – Flower Arrangement – Category B – Tulsi K (Class VII)
VIII Inter DPS Western Vocal Music Festival 2014 – Zonal Event hosted by DPS, Sonepat on 07 November 2014:-
DPS, Secunderabad secured Second & Fifth positions in the Group Song and Solo categories respectively and qualified for Finals under both the categories. About 36 Delhi Public Schools across the zones I, II, III & V participated in the music Festival. The participants are:-
R. SRI SINDHU – X R PRITHVI – X
SHREYA SUNDARARAMAN – X MADHUREEMA ROY MOULIK – IX
BEJJU AASHRITHA – X A S DANYA – IX
YAMANI SAI ASISH – IX V SRIKARA ANIKET – VIII
IX. Inter School Competition, T.R.A.S.H. Festival 2014 organized by Project S.E.A.R.C.H. conducted at St. Joseph’s School, King Koti road, Hyderabad on 11 November 2015 :-
DPS, Secunderabad won the First Prize in the competition. Theme of the event was ‘Celebrate Nature’. The team comprised students of Class V.
Saloni Gemawat, T D Kamakshi Kiran, Nimit Kedia, Diya Maniyar, Vritikia Radia, Sanidhya Chaturvedi, Tushan Pokarna, Potluri Chinmayi, Krisha Dhiren Dedhia, & Pranati M.
X. Sights & Sounds of Christmas at Delhi Public School, Mahendra Hills on Friday, 19 December 2014:-
Carol Singing Competition
Students from Classes III & IV won the Third Position in the Carol Singing Competition held at DPS, Mahendra Hills.The participants are as follows:-
Class III:- Sumedha Ganguly, G Sreenidhi, Arya Bhishikar, Tanisha Chajer, K Atula, & Meghna Yadalapalli
Class IV:- Larissa Lavanya, Amatra Ivanturi, Chaganti S Bhargavi, Mohammed Nehan, Vishal Kumar Agarwal, Gagan Viswakarma, Raksha Radhakrishnan, Prem Kondru, & Tejas Sanjeev Desai
Christmas Tree Decoration Competition
Students of Classes III & IV won Third Prize in Christmas Tree Decoration Competition. Participants are:
Class III:- Ashley Veronica, Yash Bohra
Class IV:- Risa Panda, Diya Jain, B Trisha
XI. INTACH Filmit Festival:-
DPS, Secunderabad won 02 awards in the INTACH Filmit Festival conducted during December 2014 – January 2015 in the following categories :-
Best Narration – ‘Flower Market’
Participants: Pooja Kovuri & Hibah Ahmed – Class VIII
Best Script & Direction – ‘Family Heritage’
Participant: Pooja Kovuri – Class VIII
Literary Achievements 2015-16
I. INDUTSAV 2015-16 was conducted by the Indus Universal School, Sainikpuri, Secunderabad on Friday, 24 July 2015. Students from DPS, Secunderabad won prizes in various categories:-
A. INDURAAG – SOLO SINGING
1. Kurni Sudeep (X)– Second Prize
2. A S Danya (X) – Third Prize
B. INDU TARANG – INSTRUMENTAL
The team won the Third Prize:-
1. Rakshith Dasari (VIII)
2. Devina Koka (IX)
3. Samay Agarwal (IX)
4. Kushan Raj (IX)
5. Darin Jeff (IX)
6. Jahnavi Shindikar (X)
C. INDU ABHINAY – MONO ACTING
First Prize – Siram Lokaditya Vardhan (VIII)
Second Prize – Sai Namrata Krishnaswamy (IX)
D. INDU JHANKAAR – FOLK DANCE
The team won the Third Prize
Faiz Ahmed (VI)
Aditi Srivastava (VII)
Maanas Kumaar Saxena (VII)
Maneti Vamika (VII)
Sunki Siri Rao (VII)
Yukta Goel (VII)
Minal Sirigiri (VII)
Charvi Baid (VII)
Suhas Pampana (VII)
Lasyapriya B (VII)
Hari Priya G (VIII)
E. INDU KALA – ART & CRAFT
(A) Pot Painting:-
First Prize Winners
Anahita Zahl Tantra (VIII)
Deepa Tulsiani (X)
(B) Face Painting:-
Diksha Boorugu (VIII)- First Prize
Shagun Dhanania (X)- Second Prize
(C) Poster Painting:-
Anirudh (IX)-Third Prize